CD Glass Mastering & DVD Glass Mastering
Glass mastering is the first process where we convert the clients pre-mastered disc or tape to glass master from which stampers are created.
The files from the client’s master are uploaded to our mastering server network.
- Files are exposed (recorded) on a glass master substrate using a laser beam
- The recorded or exposed glass master is developed and metallised forming physical structures representing original data. These structures are called ‘Pits’
- The metallised glass master is electroformed into a Nickel disc called a ‘Father Stamper’
- If multiple stampers are required, a further process called ‘Family Making’ is necessary where a Mother shell is produced from the Father Stamper. Son Stampers may then be produced from Mother Stamper
- Stampers are polished and punched to the required finish and size
- Physical and electronic tests are conducted to ascertain quality
- A quality controlled stamper is handed over to our pressing plant to mass produce optical discs